Friday, April 4, 2008

p s a l m 4 6, v v. 1 - 3 ~ s e l a h

p s a l m 4 6, v v. 1 - 3

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling.
Selah.
[God] is more present than friend or relative can be; yes, more present than even trouble itself. Spurgeon, Treasury of David

S e l a h We can sit and wait while earth dissolves, mountains race, and oceans roar.

S e l a h We can calmly confront the danger, meditate on the terror, dwell on its separate items and united forces.

S e l a h We do not suspend our song in alarm, but we tune our harps with deliberation in the midst of the storm.

Unfortunately, too often we speak in haste, lay our bewildered, trembling hands on the strings, and strike the lyre with a rude crash, marring the melody of our life song. Spurgeon, Treasury of David

3 comments:

MARCHELLE www.CandyWrap.Jamberry.com said...

thank you!
I see you were up even before me...I awoke at 3:45 a.m. to start my reading but you would have had to be up before then in order to post by 4 a.m. Bravo!

cool dat! said...

I was posting at about 7 AM...there must be a discrepancy somewhere in the timestamp, or else you forgot we are 3 hours ahead of you...I do try to get up early, but 3:45??? I'm impressed!

Julie said...

Thanks, Heidi. Spurgeon always seems to understand suffering and trials in a special way. I find his wisdom quite comforting.