Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sept. 10 - Purpose


"the Lord will fulfill His purpose for me"


I found today's reading in Psalms 138, very encouraging. I admit I have been a worrier as of late. I have worried over any and every detail...and I must say that it is exhausting to do so. I think that I get very frustrated when I don't get my way. How sad that I am still in such a 'toddler' state of mind.

I seem to take on the pain of others and feel devastated. On one hand, I know that it is this deep concern that turns me to the cross in prayer. But it is a fine line to watch; are my eyes turned toward Him or are they turning inward...toward my own strength? It is easy to get caught up into thinking that there is more I can do, or should do. I had a counselor once tell me, "Oh...you 'should' on yourself." Should can be a very dangerous word when used out of God's context. I should pray; I not be discouraged.

...for let the circumstances be what they may, it seeks only for God and His will, and it feels assured that God is making everything in the universe, good or bad, past or present work together for its good.

Oh, the blessedness of being absolutely conquered."

Please join me in praying for my dear, sweet friends as one prepares for a double mastectomy on the 16th (less than a week from now) and the other nears the one year anniversary of her hubby's death in this world and his entrance into the Kingdom of God.

Pray for me to be supportive and submissive to God's will...that I will not fight for control, but acquiesce to His will. Thanks you.

1 comment:

Edie Guess said...

I love you sweet friend of mine -