Monday, January 7, 2008

January 7 - Be Content


The Heartsease, also known as the Jonny Jump Up...who'duh thunk it!

Do you find yourself reading today's devotion and still struggling? I am an optimist...my glass is half full most always. and this is how I see it...there is always something or someone for which you can give thanks. When discontent creeps in, shine the light of this thankfulness on it. For instance, when sick and feverish, coughing and cold...shine the light "I'm thankful it is me and not _____." When friends have forsaken you or dissapointed you, "I'm thankful Christ never will." When pain and hopelessness threaten your joy, "I'm thankful my loved ones are not terminally ill."
We all have suffering---in different capacities---and every one can shine the light of thanksgiving to chase away the shadows and darkness. Futhermore, He is the Light!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks, tsyr mu. When we are thinking first and foremost that Christ is our Lord, it is hard to be discontent. So often this is not my first thougth, though. :(

MARCHELLE www.CandyWrap.Jamberry.com said...

From Fruit of Her Hands by Nancy Wilson...
"Introspection leads to anxiety and depression. It is an unfruitful and misleading mindset; The sin is the act of engaging in this self-condemning activity. (p. 70)

Do not beat yourself up for your daily failures--for beating yourself up is a sin itself. God is not the author of accusation and condemnation. He castises and forgives.

**He delights to show mercy**
==================================
I agree, jalamadreamer, this is one of my favored sins...but I have reminded myself from time to time that being aware of the struggle, knowing what your favored sins are is right where God wants you. As long as you struggle and are aware of the struggle...you are right where God wants you...don't you think?

Michelle said...

Thank you for these thoughts, they are encouraging to me. I struggle everyday with introspection. It is nice to know there are others out there who struggle the same. I am so disappointed in myself sometimes.

MARCHELLE www.CandyWrap.Jamberry.com said...

I did not know this about you overthinker...I will keep you in my prayers...it has been my lifelong struggle and I don't know where I would be if not for the Scripture to lift me up into His merciful arms.