Monday, February 4, 2008

Feb 3 - Immediately

Just wanted to point out that in Mark 1 -- the word 'immediately' occurs 5 times and 'at once' occurs twice. In reading chapter one...I get the sence of urgency and forward momentum...

I love the phrase in Streams, "Yesterday thou wert soaring far in the firmament, and singing in the radiance of the morn; today they wings are folded and thy song silent." I am often debilitated after great accomplishment. I spend a day or two in bed regenerating after a period of ministry. These quiet days of folded wings are prescious though often there are tears of exasperation. This is when I fall on God's lap and as a child loses restraint, I tell Him how "I can't do anymore." He soothes and comforts and consoles... Then, when I am calmed, He gently pushes me out into the world again, to do more. 'I am not finished with you,' He says. 'You CAN do more.' When I was a little girl, I had a t-shirt that said, 'Be patient with me...God's not finished with me yet.'

No comments: