Monday, February 25, 2008

Feb 25 - March On

“I will give you every place where you set you foot, as I promised.” Then He set the boundaries of the Land of Promise – all theirs on one condition: they must march across its length and breadth, measuring it off with their OWN feet. Yet, they never marched across more than a third of it and as a consequence never possessed more than a third of the land.

WOW! I absolutely love the way this has been said. How many times are we satisfied with ONE THIRD – I want to claim the WHOLE of the promise – not just a part of it. One of the things I am learning in my suffering is that there is so much MORE to God. I want more of Him and I don’t want to be satisfied with the one third any longer. I want to walk across the wholeness of the promises of my God. He has so much in store for us – and I want to live IT! I think some people refer to this as living victoriously. Count me in on this one.

The JOY that God has given me when I thought all joy was lost is amazing and is enough for me to know that God wants to show and share so much more with me. And it is enough for me to do whatever is necessary to claim the promises. If He wants me to march across the barren waste land – then so be it – and I will do it in JOY. I love how he puts responsibility back on us. I absolutely love that this is something we get to do WITH God.

1 comment:

MamaJuneBugJones said...

God does covenant(promise)with us many great and marvelous things. He has created the most perfect plan for us~~ The Plan of Salvation. I do believe that we have to work at it though, like you said. I also think we are given challenges and experiences for us to grow and become the people we were truly meant to be. Only He knows exactly what that potential may be, but like you, I am willing to work at becoming that person and I am trying to be more Christlike in my actions, thoughts and deeds. I love you and your sweet family and you are still in our family and personal prayers everyday! You are such a wonderful example of enduring through the hard times with Faith. Thanks for the sweet thoughts....
Erin