Thursday, December 6, 2007

December 6 - His Kingdom Comes



Today, these words reminded me of a poem I read yesterday:
"O you dead churches wake up! O Christ, descend! Scarred temple, take the crown! Bruised hand, take the sceptre! Wounded foot, step the throne! Thiin is the kingdom."
(Rev. DeWitt Talmage)

The poem:
No Scar?

hast thou no scar?
No hidden scar on foot, or side, or hand?
I hear thee sung as might in the land,
I hear them hail thy bright ascendant star,
Hast thou no scar?

Hast thou no wound?
Yet I was wounded by the archers, spent,
Leaned Me against a tree to die; and rent
By ravening beasts that compassed Me, I swooned:
Hast thou no wound?

No wound? no scar?
Yet, as the Master shall the servant be,
And pierced ar teh feet that follow Me;
But thine are whole: can he have followed far
Who has nor wound nor scar?

Amy Carmichael wrote this poem. I love it as much today as I did ten years ago. She is one of my soul's mentors.

We are wounded but we still travail. As the tinman said to scarecorw, "Chin Up."
We must forge on. We can do this...together we can do this. We can and we must encourage each other and lean on the cross of Christ. He has done all the hard work ahead of us. We need only keep believing. As the father said to Jesus, "Lord, I believe, Help my unbelief." I love that he said these two statements back to back. Everything we say should be thus! "Lord, I suffer; Help my suffering" "Lord, I'm frustrated. Help my frustration" "Lord, I have hope; help my doubt"
I carry all of you in my heart today. I'm praying for you! Yes, YOU, E-bug, Mimi, Papa Smurf, Muggin, Moe, 5Monkeys, blue streaked hair, HanksMom, and so many more!!!
SWAK and VH!