Friday, December 7, 2007

December 7 - Nothing Impossible for God


I am running behind schedule this morning, so I cannot be wordy :) So, I will write down the portion that caused me pause:

"Our unbelief is always wanting some outward sign. The religion of many is laregly sensational, and they are not satisfied of its genuineness without manifestions, etc.; but the greatest triumph of faith is to be still and know that He is God."


To be still --- it always sounds so easy and yet...it is NOT. Especially today, we live in a society of go, go, go. I think back to the first time I went to Hawaii in 1996. It was so laid back...slow. Much easier to be still in a place like Hawaii isn't it? But the true test is to be still in the busy and bustling place. Mind you, I'm not in New York but...it's still not West Fork either .


After reading this devotion by A. B. Simpson, I thought, "Who is this man so often quoted by Mrs. Cowman?" So, I googled him. I only had time to read half but look forward to finishing it later. Perhaps you would also like to read of this man. Click on his picture to go the site I am reading.


I pray that you have a blessed day and take time to be still and know He is God.

No comments: