Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sunday, December 23, 2007

The last post mentioned that the passage in Streams wasn't very meaty and I kind of think this one is the same way, but I would like to comment about one thing. There is a line that says, "Let us not confound physical weariness with spiritual weariness." I think we are inclined to do this. Sometimes we feel like God is far away and all we need is a nap! It's more obvious with kids, isn't it? Your sweet child suddenly falls to the ground in heap saying that they hate their life. You know he/she is tired and hasn't eaten well. Your child thinks the world is coming to an end. Rub his/her back and lay down together and soon all is well. I am trying to recognize this in myself, trying to take better care of myself when I am weary. We are weak and we have to work with it, sometimes. First, I want to pray. Then maybe... eat a little protein, read a little Scripture, lie still before the Lord, have a coffee, take a little nap. Guess which one I am going to do now. Here's a hint: night, night.

1 comment:

MARCHELLE www.CandyWrap.Jamberry.com said...

Thank you for this post. I had a period at the end of December where I did not get to read every day...and if I did, I didn't get to post. I resonate with differentiating our spiritual and physical weaknesses...tis so TRUE. Taking care of myself physically is one of my lowest priorities and I endeavor to make it higher in 2008. Thank you for this reminder. Our bodies are His temples and negligence is a sin.
I am, however, certain that your body is being well ministered to along with your spirit in blissful Hawaii! Aloha!