Monday, November 5, 2007

Nov 5 UGH!

This is the first time in Streams that I have disagreed. So I had to say something...

I hate the word "let" when it comes to God. As if we have such pwer to "let God" ----Good Grief Charlie Brown, we really are 'block heads' if we believe this.

We cannot thwart His plans -- not even with our disbelief; after all, He uses even the acts of EVIL ment to do HIS glory. Think of it...
The most evil act of man is the same as the most Glorious act of GOD.

"Thwart Him" "Let Him" AS IF!

that said the first paragraph I loved. How many desires have we had or do we have that have gone so long unfullfilled that we have looked upon them as lost desires. I think of Lonny, Edie's brother-in-law, and I know that she has so long desired for him to walk again with God, casting away his bitterness. I think of my brother who for so long was the same way, but how now come back again to the Lord. I think of my lost cause of a relationship with my dad. I think of my deepest desire for the pain and suffering of my beloved friend and her children...how i long for it to subside. And to those I ask "Is anything too hard for the Lord?

1 comment:

Edie Guess said...

I tend to agree with your assessment on this one - AS IF anything is too hard for GOD! There is a statement that says "they only thing too hard for God is our deliberate and continual disbelief" - Well the truth of it is that we are all in continual and deliberate disbelief until GOD works in our hearts to change them so that we would seek HIM - we would never seek God on our own. So, in Romans it says that "there is no one righteous not even one; the is no one who understands, no one who seeks God" He changes out hearts like in 1John 4:10 "This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His son as an atoning sacrafice for our sins" and "while we were still sinners Christ dies for us!" Romans 5:8.
NOTHING is to big or much for GOD NOTHING!!!!