Tuesday, November 27, 2007


Of course, as I read the passage I knew I was going to have to research this special little flower and see what it looks like...it is also called the Alpine Snowbell...you can see why from the photo.
I loved the imagery of today's passage. I love the idea of storing up water within the roots to draw on the nourishment later in drought. That is what we are to do. Those who do it well, year round, find a peace in the midst of toil. A peace that others marvel at and disbelieve. They say, "I could not deal with that kind of trouble" or "I would not be able to handle trials that well." And, they accept that. But why should we stop there? Shouldn't we take the example as a call to change. Should we not change our lives so that we could say, "yes, that is exactly how I would repsond." May we never be content to be less than Christ like. May we always strive to improve our actions, thoughts and words. "Cast away every shadow of hope on the human side as an absolute hindrance to the divine, heap up all the difficulties together recklessly, and pile as many more on as you can find; you cannot get beyond the blessed climax of impossibility. Let faith swing out to Him. He is the God of the impossible."


No comments: