Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Seriously? Waiting? Today's passage is about waiting! "I HhhhhhATE waiting!"in the words of Indigo Montoya/Princess Bride. I am always quick to say, "Never pray for patience!" It's a struggle for me. I am a 'man of action.' I like to DO, work, serve...but wait? It is hard for me. Does anyone else struggle with this?

The passage says it is a posture that the Christian soldier learns only from years of teaching. Marching and quick marching are easier for a soldier than standing still. But there are hours of perplexity, when we don't know what part to take and we must wait. Do not vex in despair (yep, I've done that); fly back in cowardice (nod, yes); turn in fear (sometimes); rush forward in presumption (what do you plead? GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY).

So, what do I do? Wait in prayer - plead His promise of aid. Wait in faith - Believe. Wait in quiet patience - without any self will.
Wait, patiently wait,
God never is late;
thy budding plans are in Thy Father's holding,
And only wait His grand divine unfolding.
Then wait, wait
Patiently wait.
Trust, hopefully trust,
That God will adjust
Thy tangled life; and from its dark concealings,
Will bring his will, in all its bright revealings.
Then trust, trust,
Hopefully trust.

Rest, peacefully rest
On they Saviour's breast;
Breathe in His ear thy sacred high ambition,
And He will bring it forth in blest fruition,
Then rest, rest,
Peacefully rest!

4 comments:

Edie Guess said...

hee hee - i made you wait for my comment!!!

Waiting is not an easy thing or a natural thing - we always think we need to be doing something!! I like the idea of wating 20 minutes and then acting - of course, sometimes 20 minutes might be too long of a wait.

Anonymous said...

Waiting is not an easy thing for any of us. That is why God reminds us to "be still and know that I am God". He will do in His own time and we are not to do!!! oh how difficult.

Mimi

MARCHELLE www.CandyWrap.Jamberry.com said...

I can't Beeee-lieve you made me wait for your post...you really are a stinkBUG!!! Anyways...I thought I would work on this weakness of mine. I've decided to wait...wait 'til the last minute to get Thanksgiving dinner prepared!
LOL

Edie Guess said...

well - join the club on waitting til the last minute for things like that (which btw is NOt what God had in mind!!)