Friday, November 16, 2007

November 16 - Difficult Paths


"Are we willing to compete for God's best, with the knowledge that the best things are always achieved by the most difficult paths?" This is a hard question to ask yourself - but I think it will show you right where your heart is spiritually. I know that before tragedy struck me, I wasn't quite so sure that I would be willing to go down that path - however, God doesn't always listen to my groanings. He took me down a path I had never wanted to trod - BUT I know Him more, trust Him more, and seen grace like no other time MORE. I have found Him to be so real on this path. Unfortunately for us - GROWTH doesn't come when things are going just the way we had planned - it comes when the situations are extreme and we don't know where else to turn but to HIM!

I choose God each and every time - no matter what path God chooses to take me down! He is my Comfort, my Grace, my Saviour and my GOD!

2 comments:

MARCHELLE www.CandyWrap.Jamberry.com said...

Amen! Today's devotion was such a comfort to me especially when the first thing I saw today (in my email) was news that a dear friend's newly adopted daughter was possibly going to be returned to the birth mother. Sadly, by the end of the day, it was confirmed that baby Isabella would be sent back to the bio. mother.

My day was spent with heavy heart in persevering prayer and hopefulness. I checked my email frequently hoping for good news.

The truth is just as today's devotion says, we must rise to meet the conditions which the providence of God has placed around us TODAY.

My dad did not start as I had thought it would. I did not know that God would call me to another day of fervent prayer. But that is what He desired and what He demanded.

I also liked the image of the "triumphal arch" not woven out of rose blossoms and silken cords, but of hard blows and bloody scars." (Having three boys I can tell you that I have seen 'bloody scars'.)

It matters not how the battle goes, The day how long; Faint Not! Fight On! Tomorrow comes the Song."

Jan said...

And another AMEN! On the topic of going down the path you'd never choose for yourself...the path of pain, someone recently shared some helpful scripture with me. It is a reminder that "the house of mourning" brings us closer to God than any other place.

Ecclesiastes 7: 2-4
2 It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart. 3 Sorrow is better than laughter,
because a sad face is good for the heart. 4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of pleasure.